The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to fill a spot in my tank where pogostemon stellatus is, 'cause it doesn't do well for me, I think it's because of the high temperature in the tank. So i Am looking for Blyxa aubertii and one or two of those three spiecies of Rotala verticillaris, Rotala sp. 'Vietnam' or Ludwigia inclinata cuba. Which will be the best for high tech, high temp (81-82F) tank to fill the background behind rotala indica? Any suggestions and offers are welcome. Willing to trade for mayaca fluviatilis, pennywort, ludwigia x repens, e.tenellus micro or rotala indica/rotundifolia. See my sale thread for more info:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/96265-november-trimmings-trade-option.html#post938535

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
smoq,

Give CrispinoRamos a pm. A while back I got a few stems of L. inclinata 'cuba' from him. His plants are always top notch condition.

I'm growing 2 stems of pogostemon stellatus atm and they're growing like a cm a day for me. Why is your temp bumped up so high?? Breeding Rams?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
smoq,

I'm growing 2 stems of pogostemon stellatus atm and they're growing like a cm a day for me. Why is your temp bumped up so high?? Breeding Rams?
No, trying to keep discus:biggrin: Anyway, I would rather go with the rotala species listed above (cause I am crazy about rotalas right now:)), if not, I'll PM crispino about ludwigia.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I sat if front of my tank, did a facepalm and thought about my tank like an aquascape challenged guy should. And I changed my mind. I am thinking of letting the right side of the tank be a free-swimming zone with one big plant and carpet of my hairgrass. What do you think? So that plant will be blyxa aubertii. Here's what I've chosen as my wishlist of plants I'd like to have:
Blyxa aubertii
Ludwigia Inclinata var. Verticillata sp. 'Cuba'
Rotala Macrandra
rotala sp. vietnam
See my sale thread if you'd like to trade:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/96265-november-trimmings-trade-option.html#post938535
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
AquaBotanics has some. I bought a few bunches about a month ago. plants were in good shape and have remained very healthy. Mine hasn't grown out enough to propogate yet, but if you're anxious Bob will take care of you.

AB

·
Registered
52 Posts
[I have 4" blyxa alburti , mine is growing in my 75 gallon with NO co2, and I add dry ferts, and they are ALL healthy and very nice. lemme know if you would like to trade or buy a few plants. HTH ~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts