The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for specifically some Hornwort but would prefer a sampler mix of clippings (clearly I am not expecting a mix of full grown plants) including hornwort.

Working on establishing a true planted tank... currently only a couple plants in it.

Have some clippings from Spinne coming and some Java Moss from Junaid368, and some Jungle Val from Jerzeedevl from separate threads.

I want to thank all who are helping me set up this tank with both RAOK, advice, and low cost purchases. You all are highly supportive to the hobby and should be commended!

So I am seeking this last mix to flesh out my first truly "Planted Tank."

It is also my shrimp tank so hoping to not only provide food but nitrate removal as well as give comfort to the shrimps!

Thanks in advance for any and all offers! Running out of pocket money so the most bang for the buck with widest variety would be obviously appriciated as I really can only afford one more say, 10.00 shipping fee or my wife will have me "sleeping with the fishes" as it were......

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
"Bandit",
Hornwort is one of the least expensive plants you can buy. Go to your LFS and you'll get plenty for less than the $10 you say you can pay for shipping.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem is.....every time I buy plants from the LFS box store, things go wrong with my tanks. Fish get sick or I get mysterious creatures growing to just a sudden snail infestation.
So I don't trust them anymore.
The local mom and pop doesn't really deal in live plants.
So I am reduced to asking on here :bounce:

·
Registered
796 Posts
Problem is.....every time I buy plants from the LFS box store, things go wrong with my tanks. Fish get sick or I get mysterious creatures growing to just a sudden snail infestation.
So I don't trust them anymore.
The local mom and pop doesn't really deal in live plants.
So I am reduced to asking on here :bounce:
In this scenario, it's always good to put them into a bleach solution. At least then it will help remove any unwanted pests.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey lonestar, I don't have hornwort but I have some rotala indica and another rotala clippings. Also have a some staur repens, and a couple varieties of ludwigia. I also have a couple small amazon swords. Let me know what you're interested in.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oh and I have some telanthera reineckii. I'm in the process of moving so I have to combine my tanks and I have wayyyy too many plants. The boss isn't going to let me move all my tanks. She said two at most :-(

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also I am being sneaky as not to offend MY boss....
Who already views the currently operating 3 x 55 gallons and a 25 tall and dormant 40 gal hex front with increasing wariness.
Being a new wife she hasnt discovered the mothballed 29, 10, 20 and 5 gallons allong with all assorted gear in the storeroom yet!!!!
She has no idea of the addiction she is dealing with lol :wink:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all who offered plants !
I have completed my purchasing for a while.
Wifes directive.
I appreciate all the offers and help.
Mods you may close this thread.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts