The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm...you are the second person to refer her/him to me....have you gotten any from her?

A lot of pictures here show them to have a nice olive/yellow pattern but pictures on sites and the net look dull. how are the ones from wilma?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have seen some nerites that have a nice olive/brown stripe pattern which is what turned me on to them along with their functionality.

Not really in need for anything in particular......

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pic not showing up here either.....

.... I have seen a few guys around town that have had them for some time now with no problems so I am assuming that it has something to do with the water in certain areas. I placed an order with wilma for some....Thanks everyone for your input.

·
Registered
974 Posts
maybe the website doesn't allow direct links to the photos......only a link to their website.....

·
Registered
974 Posts
fyi, the fine markings come out well in macro pics, but from a normal viewing distance they look drab olive...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Ok every one who is interested in the Olive nerite snails pm me. Yes, they are a beautiful olive color and have very fine black striping on their shells, very pretty snails. I have raised several in freshwater you just need to be careful as other aqaurium critters find the larvae as a great food source. Also while in the larvae stage they are easily picked up into the filtration system. They are a wonderful snail as they are great on cleaning algae, if happy in your tank will lay eggs. If you don't like the eggs just scrape them off. They never harm plants.
omboocat
Wilma

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.