The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for something to replace the needle valve that I have now, it's a Swagelok SS-SS2-A, which are supposed to be quite precise but I find that I get the same bubble count whether it be open a lot or to where it should be only giving me a bubble every few seconds.
So I'm looking for a new one. I'm already running one inline, so a Fabco would be fine. If possible I'd like one that is "good to go" with the NPT fittings already attached. As long as it's a good quality NV shoot me a PM.
OR, if anyone could give me insight into what might be wrong with this, that would be even better!
Thanks guys!

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
I added a little bit of info about your problem in your other post that might help you. I don't like those tube fitting Swagelok valves either.

Here is some info from the Victor thread that may help. There are tubing adapters to convert the valve to NPT. They come in male and female as well as brass and stainless steel. I haven't read of any complains about these adapters. There is even a video to show you how to install them.

I have some male and female 1/8" NPT brass ones around somewhere if you want to try them. They are new. I'll sell them for 75% of list price shipped. I paid full price for them plus shipping.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/e...-stage-regulator-pimp-club-42.html#post812751

Also, I have a Swagelok (Whitey) SS-31RF2 1/8" FPT valve that I'm not using at the moment. It lists for $134.18. :eek5:

I'll take $20 for it shipped. There is a small scuff place on the top of the plastic knob about 3/16" long. Otherwise, it is in very good shape, but not mint condition. It has Whitey inscribed where the one in the picture says Swagelok. I used it for two years.
http://www.swagelok.com/downloads/webcatalogs/EN/MS-01-142.PDF

·
Banned
5,009 Posts

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Darkblade48 got the valve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts