The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a nano canister and a light for my 2.5g tank. It's 12" x 6" standard.

I'll consider any canister that will fit such a small tank. The lighting needs to be sufficient to grow HC at a water depth of 6.5" - 7.5".

Let me know if you've got something that you would rather replace with money.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I have heard good things about Finnex's light and mini-canister that they have on their Pico 4 gallon Deluxe+ kit.

It is only $75 for the kit (I think) and if you don't have any luck elsewhere you could get it and then try to get a little cash back trying to resell the glass tank only locally. The light from the kit is $31 by itself. The PX-360 filter is $40 by itself.

BTW, I noticed the Zoomed 501 and 511 I think it was at my local Petco the other day - nice to see an option for a nano-canister that people can just go pick up at the store rather than paying half the purchase price in shipping or having to wait 3-4 days to get it. Nice to have other options.

Good luck.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can buy the Finnex and trade the tank for Gordon's plants. :)

I have a PM from someone who has a Zoomed 501 that I hope to hear from soon.

I think I am leaning towards a 10" Catalina fixture. It's 2x13w PC. It's a lot of, light but I am thinking I can mod it to have a second switch so I can easily run one bulb.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I can buy the Finnex and trade the tank for Gordon's plants. :)

I have a PM from someone who has a Zoomed 501 that I hope to hear from soon.

I think I am leaning towards a 10" Catalina fixture. It's 2x13w PC. It's a lot of, light but I am thinking I can mod it to have a second switch so I can easily run one bulb.
Good luck either way.

I have been contemplating getting the Finnex package and immediately swapping the canister filter and light to a Fluval ebi and just running a desktop PC daylight lamp and a small(ish) AQ HoB that I have on the Finnex tank but I really, REALLY don't 'need' two more tanks (even nano tanks). :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No one needs more tanks. But it would be cool. :) I never discourage new tanks and projects. I'm a bad influence. That Ebi would be cool USB powered.

The Catalina lights I am referring to are on their web site. They are the Lighthouse line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.