The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just received the package from Aquatic Magic. I won the EBay auction for a portion of Xmas Moss, and was delighted to get it for only $2.75 shipped- until the envelope arrived with a "Mail Interception Notice" inside stating that the moss had been "removed and destroyed." I just want a little portion of nice draping moss to attach to some of my petrified wood, but my budget is miniscule. Thanks for any responses-

·
Registered
748 Posts
yeah , I got some Christmas moss from them before also , took forever to get here and was half dead , but the other half was super nice :) I do have some moss I could sell ya too

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've asked them to re-send, but what are the chances it will actually arrive???

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have asked me to provide a different address for the replacement shipment. Not sure how to handle this- don't want them shipping to my office.

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
They have asked me to provide a different address for the replacement shipment. Not sure how to handle this- don't want them shipping to my office.
It's called being invasive. It is illegal to ship plants into the United Stated without having a permit. Legit shippers will clearly have there product labelled, not with "small stuffed toy."

What kind of moss are you looking for? I have some I can send you. If interested, shoot me a pm.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
An interesting year old topic.

There has been a lot of cheap mosses in Taiwan and Malaysia on ebay. Especially Fissidens Fontanus. My questions is, does the USDA pursue against the buyer/ addressee if these plants intercepted in the mail?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts