The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've recently taken up a huge interest in Taiwan Bees, and I've read some about hybrid CRS/CBS and how they have a much higher chance of dropping some TB's. So, instead of paying as much for a TB itself, I'm thinking that maybe it would be a better decision for me to get the hybrids and see if I can breed some Taiwan Bees myself, which would be a fun little project.

Please let me know if you have any hybrids of BKK/WR and regular CRS/CBS you would sell me and how much it would cost me.

Thank you very much!

-Corbin

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've dealt with Nikki before and have some CBS on the way from her but from what I've deducted it doesn't seem she ever offers hybrids... She keeps her taiwans separate? Unless I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Yeah Ive only ever seen her have them once and I believe it was from her personal stock and not what she normally has for sale. Taibee's are still extremely hard to come by here in the states, even hybrids. I think your best bet is to either try and wait it out, check aquabid, or buy some bkk/wr from the sale her and mordalphus have going on right now and try breed them yourself. the chances of getting bkk/wr from hybrids is still small compared to breeding them directly. Especially if you're not mating them together. But either way you better have an established tank that's already been proven to raise CRS/CBS from birth to adults before you start trying to get into the much more sensitive Taiwan breeds..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's true holy, maybe I should hold off, I did ask Nikki as I didn't see any harm in it. I've had CRS in my tank for about 3 months and the babies seem ok but I think I'm still pretty new to the whole high grade stuff so I'm probably out of my league. I was going to buy a BKK from her and have it shipped with my existing order but she doesn't get them in until the end of the month and I would get it still but the damn express shipping sucks. :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts