The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting a breeding project and need a large clump of moss, crypts, etc. that won't die under 1.8 WPG. No C02, no ferts, just the fish and my light. I want the tank to look nice, but its predominantly about the fish. It's a 20 long, and the bottom id like to be covered with moss or other hard to kill plants, so whatever size portion you feel is appropriate for that size tank.

Please PM me:)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
No ferts, no substrate? No growth, no survival.

Waste of cash but I have tons of plants for sale and you're welcome to them.
All can be grown in 1.8 WPG except for the UG. No co2 is needed for any of my plants because I'm lazy and low tech.

You could always go to home depot and buy some of those cheap terracotta pots.
I'll sell you some substrate, you put them in the pot and then plant my plants in them.

If you don't do any water changes the fish poop will provide some decent nutrients to the plants, possibly enough to keep them alive. I'd really suggest dosing some ferts, even flourish comprehensive would provide some trace amounts to the plants.

What are you going to be breeding?

Crypts are low maintenance and will grow well.
If you have any driftwood you can attach moss to it.
Subwassertang is also a nice liverwort that fills in and provides a safe haven for fry.

-Gordon

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't see you posted on this until I came to bump it up today!

The tank does have substrate, I didnt mean for it to sound like I don't. It's got some knock off brand "aqua-flora" gravel for planted tanks. I have both flourish and dry ferts I could dose in the tank, but I've always heard if your light isn't there, ferts and c02 cause nothing but problems. I just want this to be a low maintenance tank. I've been doing planted tanks for years... Check my join date and posts.. I know what I'm doing! :D :D

Bump. I got some moss, but I'd still like some java ferns, crypts, or any other low maintenance plant that will add some cover to my tank. I'm breeding P. Gertrudae.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Would you be interested in a couple of kleiner bar swords? They stay small, grow fine under low light and would make a nice corner or background plant for a 20L.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.