The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i have some, but not enough for a 5 gallon. i mean, eventually it will spread, but you're welcome to it. ;)

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I have some hairgrass for you.

·
Registered
234 Posts
rainbow rocks are always nice.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i've got those too.

but they're in bigger chunks. i guess if you wanted smaller pieces, you'd have to smash them.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Just today I visited my local decorative rocks place, a big yard with bins full of various rocks, about 5 miles away. I picked up 4 rocks ranging from about a foot tall to about 3 inches across. They are very dark gray with white lines and flecks in them. The weight was about 15-20 pounds. The cost was $2. That is the best way to get rocks if you can't go hunting for them out in the wild.

Incidentally I will not be using all of those rocks, so anyone in my area can have the leftovers if they want them. And, the rock place is on Kiefer Road, between Watt and Howe. Very nice place to look for rocks.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
hoppy, we have the same type of place about 2 miles from my house. jim stone i believe it is called. sounds just as you described. big yard with bins full of rocks.

i second that places like these are the best for finding rocks in large, or even small quantities.

guitar - i got your pm. i replied. try a place like described and maybe you will find what you are looking for. it would cost a lot more for hoppy or i to buy rocks and ship them to you than for you to drive and go get them yourself.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea i see what you mean, i was intending only to get a couple of 1.5" diameter rocks for my little nanos.

I have a couple of differnt types of rocks already, but none of witch gives of that "wow" factor. I guess i'll go rock hunting again. Thanks for all your guys help

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.