The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need one of these to make a CO2 diffuser, and all the Petcos near me have discontinued it from their store (although it's still available online, their shipping costs alot). So I'm looking to buy one of these filters with everything that it came with originally for (hopefully) not too much:)

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if you have any in the area, but Petland carries them too. I'm pretty sure that the last time I went to either Petland or Petco they had at least two in stock.
I have no idea what Petland is;) I'll see if there's any in my area though...

EDIT: The only only one in CA is over 2 hours away:hihi:

Just took mine out today, and the glass diffuser... installed a reactor... got any cool palnts to trade and its yours! lol:hihi:
All I have is Blyxa, Staurogyne sp. (not too many though), and Hygro 'Araguaia':(

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Don't do it. It sucks. I found one at the Petco in Alameda last weekend and just set mine up last night. I took it out 3-4 hours later. The diffusion is not that good, the CO2 comes out in spurts of semi-fine clouds, plus it makes a fairly loud and annoying "clicking" noise intermittently every 3-5 seconds as the CO2 comes out. Bothered the heck out of us while we watched TV about 10-15 feet away from the tank. No where near as good or as quiet as my basic 2" ceramic diffusion disc (in glass), which is now back in there again.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't do it. It sucks. I found one at the Petco in Alameda last weekend and just set mine up last night. I took it out 3-4 hours later. The diffusion is not that good, the CO2 comes out in spurts of semi-fine clouds, plus it makes a fairly loud and annoying "clicking" noise intermittently every 3-5 seconds as the CO2 comes out. Bothered the heck out of us while we watched TV about 10-15 feet away from the tank. No where near as good or as quiet as my basic 2" ceramic diffusion disc (in glass), which is now back in there again.
Thanks for the advice:) I guess I'm going to use a glass diffuser then.

BOARD CLOSED

·
Registered
32 Posts
I use one and it works great. When I first put it in it made a click when the bubble hit the
impeller. I put a small bubble air stone inside it and now no noise just a fine mist of micro bubbles. If you put the sponge it comes with over the output even the micro bubbles mostly dissolve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts