The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I want to start a new project so I am going to dive into saltwater... just a little bit, 10 gallon worth of little bit to be exact.

I have seen multiple DIY projects that have involved an oversized aquaclear filter on the back of a 10 gallon tank acting as a refugium holding a bed of great natural filtration devices such as macro algae, critters, and even small live rocks. This looks like something that I would like to try.

A new Aquaclear 70 or 110 costs ~ 50 bucks depending on the site. I'd like to know if anyone would like to let one go for cheaper than that.

I am of course in need of small light fixutres capable of holding lights with the power to drive reef/coral development. I need these fixtures to fit on a standard 10 gallon tank.

Shoot me a PM if you got anything that I'd be interested in.

Long live the planted tank!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have the aquaclear 70 on my 40 gal breeder and it works great. They are on sale at petsmart for $41.99 right now. Plus, they take competitors coupons.

You don't think that is to big for a 10 gal? I use a 50 on my 25 gal and it seems to work fine. I am breaking down that tank, so if you are interested in the fikter, let me know. You would need new filtration material.

Patti

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I am going to use a filter that is easily over the limit for the size because I am going to depend on it for flow also like seen here. So I would love a 110 but a 70 might work. Stand by and let me read some of the PMs that I have gotten and we'll see.

Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.