The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to fill in the top level of some of my tanks with floating plants; interested in:
-frogbit
-red root floater
-full-sized (AKA not dwarf) water lettuce
-hortwort

if you have anything on the above list, and also have any of the following, I would be interested in them as well:
-salvinia
-dwarf water lettuce
-duckweed

I'm also looking for some kind of sword or stem plant to fill in the left side of a 29g with 24watts T5HO and DIY CO2; lmk if you have anything that fits that description!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have some frogbit, dwarf water lettuce, salvina, some hornwort, and some easy stems -- limnophilia sessefiloria.

I have also heard that dwarf water lettuce is just water lettuce that has been growing under weak lights.

I am also living in Brooklyn so if you are close you a welcome to drop by and pick up the plants.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ecotanker- where in brooklyn are you? would it be possible to meet somewhere, perhaps?

I'd never heard that about dwarf water lettuce, but I suppose it could be true- my bunch started out teeny tiny, and have about doubled in size to like 3" across on some, but most of that is runners, I think.

also: if anyone has guppy grass, I'd be interested in some.

and tainer- YGPM

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
from my experience this is not true...i have dwarf water lettuce growing in both low light (13w twirly bulbs on a 17.5 gallon tank) and a high light (~3wpg T5HO w/65w PC on a 30 gallon tank w/dry fertz) setup...growth sizes are the same, however the only differences i've noticed is the rate at which they grow...high light tends to grow much much faster almost 3-4x faster than low-light settings...dwarf water lettuce stays the same size :D

I have also heard that dwarf water lettuce is just water lettuce that has been growing under weak lights.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I live near the border of prospect heights and crown heights. I also have some guppy grass. I can't meet you any where today except at the entrance way of my building :), next weekend perhaps. If interested PM me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.