The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out of the hobby so i have zero aquatic plants. my sister suddenly decides she wants a shrimp tank and is looking for some easy plants for a 10 gallon tank. Anyone's tank need a trim?

Looking for some floaters (she prefers dwarf lettuce), some stem plants, some low ground plants. Nothing fancy, she might kill them all (she doesn't want java fern tho). Budget is around $30.

Thank you.

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
318 Posts
Hi aluka, I have a good bit of salvinia. No stems, I just started my planted tank. also have never shipped before :( If someone could coach me through I could send the plants for free. so just shipping cost.

·
Super Moderator
16,981 Posts
Hi aluka, I have a good bit of salvinia. No stems, I just started my planted tank. also have never shipped before :( If someone could coach me through I could send the plants for free. so just shipping cost.
Wet a paper towel. Lay it out flat. Then pile a bunch of floaters on it in a row without smashing them. Gently roll it up kinda like you would a burrito. Put that in a zip top bag or another kind of water-tight bag you can tie off or seal. Fold the burrito in half if you need to in order to fit it in the bag - just try not to smash everything. Leave a bit of air in the bag. Stick that in a free USPS Small Priority Flat Rate box. You can print the label directly from PayPal for under $9. Schedule pickup online for free or take it to your nearest post office to drop it off.

What I tend to do is use a couple paper towels torn in half (or those select-a-size ones) so they fit more easily in smaller bags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts