The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a variety of DHG that doesn't grow over 1" tall. I saw some at a LFS near me, and i was asking around, and it stays that way, it wasnt trimmed that way. I will be growing it in medium-high light and co2.

·
Banned
3,011 Posts
I really dont think you will find that. The shortest variety that i am aware of is DHG belem or DHG mini(I think they are the same) grow to about 2-3" tall. Maybe a little shorter in a very high light tank.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really dont think you will find that. The shortest variety that i am aware of is DHG belem or DHG mini(I think they are the same) grow to about 2-3" tall. Maybe a little shorter in a very high light tank.
Any nice carpets that stay under and inch tall? I tried hc, but it didn't end well.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HC will do great at lower light with good CO2 and ferts. Have some growing now in a tank with ~40 PAR. What happened the first time you tried it?
Ripped out and eaten by flagfish.
I found the name of the plant, it is eleocharis sp ' mini'
I am looking for this

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ripped out and eaten by flagfish.
I found the name of the plant, it is eleocharis sp ' mini'
I am looking for this
Those still grow up close to 3 inch and would need to be trimmed if you want it to be an inch. Here is the spec sheet.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,011 Posts
I'm sure there are others that could say better than me, but I believe that eleocharis sp mini is the same plants as DHG Belem. Monte Carlo could definitely work and is much easier than HC but looks similar(slightly bigger leaves). I have some, pm me if you are interested. I also have DHG Belem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts