The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I just have a small clump for a med-lighted tank. Can you just drop it in a ziploc bag and use USPS first class mail? Just a first class stamp is all that is needed

·
Super Moderator
16,994 Posts
It'd be tough to send this in a ziploc bag with just a stamp. Particularly because of size and weight.... and the tendency to get smashed in a regular envelop.

I'd be happy to send a small mix of duckweed, salvinia and frogbit to you in a small padded envelop if you want to cover shipping. First Class is usually under $2 for something like that. Feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It'd be tough to send this in a ziploc bag with just a stamp. Particularly because of size and weight.... and the tendency to get smashed in a regular envelop.

I'd be happy to send a small mix of duckweed, salvinia and frogbit to you in a small padded envelop if you want to cover shipping. First Class is usually under $2 for something like that. Feel free to PM me.
I ship plants via ziploc bag and USPS first class mail with a stamp all the time. Just wrap it in a half sheet of newspaper, and make it damp, just enough to keep it humid in the bag. Fold the bag, stick in an envelope, stick a stamp, and it will ship. It's only duckweed too, and I'm not asking for a lot, just a little under the size of a ping pong ball.

·
Super Moderator
16,994 Posts
I ship them, as well, and I'm not trying to argue. Shipping any plant in a standard envelop is just asking to have it crushed by automated mail sorters.

Also just put a piece of wet paper towel and just under a ping pong ball amount of duckweed on the scale and it tops out at about 3 stamps prior to adding a mini ziploc baggy.

My offer still stands, though.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ship them, as well, and I'm not trying to argue. Shipping any plant in a standard envelop is just asking to have it crushed by automated mail sorters.

Also just put a piece of wet paper towel and just under a ping pong ball amount of duckweed on the scale and it tops out at about 3 stamps prior to adding a mini ziploc baggy.

My offer still stands, though.
Lol I'm not either, I'm just saying I do that all the time. And my customers have not had any complaints with the way they are packed and shipped. I usually only use one stamp, unless there are multiple orders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.