The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to buy some Cryptocoryne Hudoroi. I purchased 2 roots from Ebichua a few weeks ago but they never sprouted and just rotted. :icon_sad: So i wanted to try and find some more.

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
A lot of times crypts will melt away completely, but as long as a piece of the rhizome stays intact it can come back in time. I had a C. beckettii that died off, but two months later it popped a new leaf up.

Anyway, I have a couple that I'm growing emersed now. If I get a runner from one of them I'll let you know.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hope that you didn't throw them out. Mine finally put out a small leaf yesterday'
Nope they are still in there, but they aren't sprouting roots or leaves.

A lot of times crypts will melt away completely, but as long as a piece of the rhizome stays intact it can come back in time. I had a C. beckettii that died off, but two months later it popped a new leaf up.

Anyway, I have a couple that I'm growing emersed now. If I get a runner from one of them I'll let you know.
Well I still have my fingers crossed. :icon_lol: And thanks alot for the offer!!:proud:

BTW I don't blame Ebichua at all, its probably my fault (im a noob) or USPS's. Ebichua or Jerry has been very helpful and i would buy from him again in a heartbeat, but he doesn't have anymore Hoduroi for sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts