The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
What kind of tank are you putting this on? I bought one and returned it the next day because I was disappointed with its poor design. I loved how it was so low profile, had two different bulbs, and was 30" (which is very hard to find), but they are not high output lights, they're too close together, and the reflector is terrible (and that's being kind.) I've they would have made these 2x24W HO and gave them individual reflectors, I would have called the LFS back up and had them order a second unit for me. I suppose it would be great for a low-light 20gal long, but that's about it.

Just a word of caution. Good luck!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmm i was planning on using it in a 20L for a low light shrimp tank. Do you have any other suggestions for this setup? Id like it to be as efficient (energy wise and minimal restrike) as possible, while maintaining low light as i will probably only keep mosses and some stems in there

·
Registered
990 Posts
I use 2 of the 48" double t5 to suppliment my 260w pc on my 12o gal and they bring out the color of my plants and discus. sorry i dont have any for sale but cargolargorex sells them cheap on ebay. I think i paid $20 each for 48" and my LFS sells them for $55. hope this helps.

·
Registered
404 Posts
mmm i was planning on using it in a 20L for a low light shrimp tank. Do you have any other suggestions for this setup? Id like it to be as efficient (energy wise and minimal restrike) as possible, while maintaining low light as i will probably only keep mosses and some stems in there
If that's all you're going for, then I think you'll be very pleased with the results. They are cool little fixtures and if I were in your position, I would definitely buy one. The design and performance just didn't work out for what I wanted to do.

·
Registered
459 Posts

That light is perfect for that setup. I used a 24" on a 20H non-CO2 tank and it's perfect. I'm setting a 20L non-CO2 up with a 30" model just like you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.