The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
You should be careful and check your state laws about stocking ponds like that. There might be species that are prohibited and/or pose a risk of getting loose. You could also introduce fish diseases into your local environment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome! Thanks for the replies! I think I will check petsmart for White Clouds or maybe Fat Head minnows. I wanted to add that this is a small backyard pond. I live in south east New Mexico which is essentially a desert. There are no rivers or natural bodies of water within 80 miles in any direction and average rainfall is -15" annually if we're lucky lol. I will look into the state laws but its physically impossible for them go anywhere. Thanks again for the replies.

·
Registered
199 Posts
This is my friend Mark's website. I help him out collecting for his business when I can and he is licensed to sell minnows, darters and the likes under his bait dealers license. Please let him know Cory Campbell from C.A.F.E (Columbus Area Fish Enthusiasts) sent you his direction. Mark is good to deal with and will treat you right. Prices he has listed may be negotiable when buying in quantity. I am not seeing Fathead on his list, but I am pretty sure he can get them.
http://jonahsaquarium.com/

-Cory

1 - 6 of 6 Posts