The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am looking for three or four Botia kubotai (ie. polka-dot, angelicus loaches). Must be willing to ship to Albuquerque, NM, unless you happen to be near. Thanks.

Jason

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Hello all, I am looking for three or four Botia kubotai (ie. polka-dot, angelicus loaches). Must be willing to ship to Albuquerque, NM, unless you happen to be near. Thanks.

Jason
I bought a dozen at a local Petsmart in June. I really like them. Very comparable to yo-yo loaches in behavior and appearance.

I don't have any to ship but you might check the local Petsmarts (not all of the ones here carry them, it seems to be hit and miss) if you don't have any luck getting them shipped.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion madness, I checked all local suppliers and I can only find yo yo loaches. I already have one polka-dot and really want to add a few more of the same. My current one is probably 3 or four years old, have you introduced young fish into tank with established older member of this species? I'm not too worried about it, just thought I would ask. This is a 125g tank with very few inhabitants.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have 9 or 10 of them in my 125. Tank is loaded with mopani wood, so there are usually only a couple visible at any given time, but they literally come out of the woodwork for frozen bloodworms. Some of them were quite small when I got them from the lfs, about a dozen came along with a shipment of yoyo's, so I got some more while they were relatively cheap. Juvies don't look anything like adults, but since the first 5 I had gotten were small when I received them I recognized the difference among the small yoyo's. They didn't hang with the larger ones then, but do mix now that they're all pretty well grown out.
They do turn up occaisonally on aquabid.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion madness, I checked all local suppliers and I can only find yo yo loaches. I already have one polka-dot and really want to add a few more of the same. My current one is probably 3 or four years old, have you introduced young fish into tank with established older member of this species? I'm not too worried about it, just thought I would ask. This is a 125g tank with very few inhabitants.
Mine are still juveniles. In fact a few were so tiny and thin that I was worried about them even making it.

I have never had loaches in a tank with any really slow super finny fish (bettas, angels, etc.) which is something that people tend to worry about (fin nipping) but other than snails I haven't ever seen them try to hurt any other animal. I have them in a tank with about about 30 neon tetras and a few kuhli loaches. They will sometimes chase the kuhlis off a little at feeding time but they don't continue to chase them...they just bump them out of line and send them scurrying away.

The handful of Amanos in the tank have so far refused to venture out of safety since I put them in 2-3 weeks ago so I wouldn't be shocked if they were being hassled but I knew the odds were good of losing the amanos when I put them in and I just figured I would give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Hey you might try checking with one of the power sellers who has an actual business (and thus have order sheets, deal with importers, etc.).

Msjinkzd gets in some rarer stuff (including sidthmunki botia) and Mgamer usually has a pretty big list of stuff for sale. Perhaps one of them (or someone similar) might be able to add some to a future order if you pre-pay.

On that note isn't there a LFS that might special order them? Course for only adding 3-4 it makes a special order sort of ridiculous.

I just noticed 6-8 at a local Petsmart yesterday when I went in for some fish food. Too bad you didn't get lucky with the ones near you. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.