The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for boring algae-eating shrimp, not red cherries, just anything that won't make my roommates ask if those red things are baby lobsters. Or if you can point me in a direction, that would be helpful, I am in Charleston, SC. I dont have paypal, so if a M.O. will do, please p.m. me.

I would get amanos, but they are entirely to good at ending up on the floor. I stepped on the last one, and it went squish. The experience has scarred me.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm looking for boring algae-eating shrimp, not red cherries, just anything that won't make my roommates ask if those red things are baby lobsters. Or if you can point me in a direction, that would be helpful, I am in Charleston, SC. I dont have paypal, so if a M.O. will do, please p.m. me.

I would get amanos, but they are entirely to good at ending up on the floor. I stepped on the last one, and it went squish. The experience has scarred me.
How about Ghost Shrimp?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm putting them into a 2.5 gallon, and ghost shrimp get a bit big for that, plus I thought ghost shrimp didn't eat that much algae.

·
Registered
477 Posts
You don't want RCS because your roommates think they are baby lobsters? Are you kidding me? That's the reason? They're the best inexpensive, easiest to breed algae eating shrimp out there!

Might not want to get any CRS either because then your roommates might think they're little candy canes.

No shrimp is "boring" in my mind.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
ghost shrimps aren't very hardy or particularly good at eating algae. Go ahead and get cherry red shrimp and just tell your roommates once and for all, "They are shrimp, not lobsters!" Or maybe post a sign near the tank....Lol
I mean 'cmon. I don't even see the similarity between lobsters and cherry shrimp. Both crustaceans (exo-skeleton)? That's about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts