The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone is successfully growing this one submersed? If so let me know if you can spare some. I would like to try it out.

Thanks---Brian

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just thought I would give it a try because everything else online says its possible to grow submerged just very difficult. Although the only places I found selling it are over seas and shipping is very expensive.

·
Registered
931 Posts
oh really? thats frustrating. i've actually really wanted to try it too, but everyone has told me not to. If you find a source of it somewhere in the 'states, will you shoot me a PM? thanks!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh really? thats frustrating. i've actually really wanted to try it too, but everyone has told me not to. If you find a source of it somewhere in the 'states, will you shoot me a PM? thanks!
Absolutely. I'll let you know.

Here is a pic and small description of it from Aquaspot World
http://www.aquaspotworld.com/product/detail/476

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bolbitis is a genus of ferns in family Lomariopsidaceae.[1]

Two particular members of the genus are often grown as immersed water plants in aquaria, B. heudelotii, and B. heteroclita. B. heudelotii, the African water fern, normally grows submerged in its native habitat, while B. heteroclita normally grows on the margin of water bodies, but will also grow submerged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts