The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
There is a well known breeder named coralbandit on many sites and aquabid. He has excellent fishes but the catch is shipping which is expensive (over night shipping is not cheap unless you are a big box with large discount and even then it is going to be $40 a pop). The cheapest shipping i've seen is aquahuna which will use priority mail ($12) but they have a generous warranty policy for shipped fish (you can check their stock they frequently have ram). I can't say anything about their stock per forum rule so i will just note there are some caveat. There is another small seller I know up in wis but it is the same problem he will only use overnight shipping and again it will be $65 for shipping. You can always get them at the larger sellers like wetspot (my favorite store) or aquaticarts and shipping is a little less at $40 (again overnight) but it only makes sense if there are other fishes you want to order (imho) esp given how fragile rams can be at times. Be sure to order a few extra given that they can be sensitive to temp change either in the tank or during shipping.

·
Super Moderator
15,766 Posts
There is a well known breeder named coralbandit on many sites and aquabid. He has excellent fishes but the catch is shipping which is expensive (over night shipping is not cheap unless you are a big box with large discount and even then it is going to be $40 a pop). The cheapest shipping i've seen is aquahuna which will use priority mail ($12) but they have a generous warranty policy for shipped fish (you can check their stock they frequently have ram). I can't say anything about their stock per forum rule so i will just note there are some caveat. There is another small seller I know up in wis but it is the same problem he will only use overnight shipping and again it will be $65 for shipping. You can always get them at the larger sellers like wetspot (my favorite store) or aquaticarts and shipping is a little less at $40 (again overnight) but it only makes sense if there are other fishes you want to order (imho) esp given how fragile rams can be at times. Be sure to order a few extra given that they can be sensitive to temp change either in the tank or during shipping.
Think you've got things confused. You can review products (including critters) but can't necessarily review vendors. We have that restriction still in place so people don't post hit & run attacks.

If you're careful, you can write about your own experiences and the products you receive without necessarily reviewing a particular vendor. Just have to put some effort into it. Facts are facts, you know?

So if you've had repeated terrible experiences with a vendor? Figure out a way to write about it in your tank journals or in a post like this.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Some of the fishes you order from some vendors will have minor defects. The fishes will be healthy and these defects mostly only impact visual aspect of the fish. If you complain the vendor will readily refund you and some vendors have generous policies vs other vendors that basically give you an hour to photo graph the fish in the un-open bag and once the bag is open you are on your own. I'm quite amazed that the vendor with the cheapest shipping has been one of the most liberal with regards to refunds.
-
So I advise you to read all the fine print when you order a fish online to understand exactly what you are getting. And those vendor that list fish size - you should take those sizes are max size as some vendors will sell very young (but healthy fishes).

Think you've got things confused. You can review products (including critters) but can't necessarily review vendors. We have that restriction still in place so people don't post hit & run attacks.

If you're careful, you can write about your own experiences and the products you receive without necessarily reviewing a particular vendor. Just have to put some effort into it. Facts are facts, you know?

So if you've had repeated terrible experiences with a vendor? Figure out a way to write about it in your tank journals or in a post like this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts