The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Does anyone have any Bio Spira for sale or know where I can order some ?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Bio-spira is a quality product, but it has one major drawback, especially trying to recieve it through the mail... It needs to remain refridgerated or it will lose it's effectiveness. In other words, it is a living bacterial culture and very easy to kill.

IMO, you are better off looking for someone local who can provide you with mulm from an established tank. You will get the same results, and unless you are dealing with a dedicated businessman, it will be free.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bio-spira is a quality product, but it has one major drawback, especially trying to recieve it through the mail... It needs to remain refridgerated or it will lose it's effectiveness. In other words, it is a living bacterial culture and very easy to kill.

IMO, you are better off looking for someone local who can provide you with mulm from an established tank. You will get the same results, and unless you are dealing with a dedicated businessman, it will be free.
If you want to buy it, go to: http://www.marineland.com/products/mllabs/ml_biospira.asp

and on the left, right under "Fish Quiz" you'll see a "dealer locator search" to find it in your area. Call the stores first to make sure they actually still carry it, though. I made two wasted trips before I found it.
Good points and thanks for the link. There are about 5 dealers in my area I have been to two of them and they did not have them. Now I can call ahead and just go get it.

Thanks
C

1 - 4 of 4 Posts