The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I just missed the Petco $/gallon sale, but I'm hoping to buy fish tanks on the cheap since I'm buying a number of them. Tank should not leak. If tank is dirty and has calcium deposits that's ok, I can invest the time into cleaning it. I'm not super interested in things inside the tank, but if you have something in it I might be interested. If tank has scratches you need to let me know. I'm hoping to buy tanks at $/gallon rating if possible. Here's what I'm looking for approximately:

1 gallon plastic drum bowls (like, 8 of them)
2.5 gallon tanks (~x3-4 of them?)
10 gallon tanks (~x3 of them)
29 gallon tanks (~x2 of them)

Also! I'm on the lookout for Neocaridina shrimp as well! If you breed Bloody Marys or Painted Fire Reds, then please let me know as well!

I'm moving to San Fernando Valley, so hoping for a local pickup once I exit out of the quarantine period.

·
Premium Member
5,660 Posts
The best way to get all you need on the cheap is at a local aquarium society auction. When locate one close to you ask when next auction takes place or/and can also join their online Facebook group and see whats out there.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got fire reds, not painted yet. I do have great bloody mary though.
Nice! Are you local to SoCal? Specifically LA/San Fernando Valley?
The best way to get all you need on the cheap is at a local aquarium society auction. When locate one close to you ask when next auction takes place or/and can also join their online Facebook group and see whats out there.
Yup! Joined Scapeclub last year since I knew I was moving so it's gonna be a fun time hopefully!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice! Are you local to SoCal? Specifically LA/San Fernando Valley?

Yup! Joined Scapeclub last year since I knew I was moving so it's gonna be a fun time hopefully!
I'm in Northern Ohio unfortunately so I'd have to ship which I do, but not sure if you're wanting shipped shrimp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts