The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Want to buy the aquaclear 110/500 model. Please let me know if you have one available, its condition, and price including shipping. Thank you.

For clarification, the filter I'm looking for has a max flow rate of 500gph and is rated for a 60-110gal aquarium. I know the names can be confusing because aquaclear changed the model names a few years back and both names are being used.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
If no one has a used one or one lying around and you can't get one in your area my LFS carries them and I could pick you one up:icon_bigg .

-Andrew

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can find them at local stores, but they're pretty expensive. I thought I'd just look here first to see if someone has one they don't need anymore lying around. Thank you though!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have one if you're interested.

It's been used to cycle my 10 gallon (yeah, I know, the filter is almost as big as the 10G tank). It's just been sitting collecting dust for a few weeks since then.

I didn't have the sponge that goes in it however so I bought two smaller ones and put them in together so I don't know if you'd want used sponges or any other filter media (ceramic balls).

It works fine it's just a little dirty from calcium deposits. I'll clean it for you before if you decide to take it.

$35 shipped?

BTW, this is the biggest filter Aquaclear makes correct?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you.... I'll let you know if I decide to take it. I think I'm going to wait a little to see if anyone else has one to offer.

·
Registered
889 Posts
You can order one of Big Al's Online, for $40 including shipping and taxes ;) That's where I got mine. The only LFS that has one around here has the price at $84!!:eek5:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Actually, since this a swap and shop forum...

Would you have any plants available? I'd be willing to trade the filter for (a lot of? lol) plants if you're willing.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm.... How's a giant hygro, brazillian pennywort, dwarf hairgrass, e. tennelus, a few blyxa japonica, creeping moss, spiral val, and duck weed sound?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It may be a while for the trade though as I wouldn't want to empty my tank. I also have a nano glass diffuser and hagen bubble ladders to trade if your interested. Hopefully, we can work things out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts