The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Id much rather have a 75 or bigger but the wife wont be down with that since I already have the stand for a 55.

Been looking on craigslist but its slim pickings for just a 55. Most people are offering tanks with stands, filters and other crap I dont need but wont sell just the tank.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Yeah Id much rather have a 75 or bigger but the wife wont be down with that since I already have the stand for a 55.

Been looking on craigslist but its slim pickings for just a 55. Most people are offering tanks with stands, filters and other crap I dont need but wont sell just the tank.
have you thought of say a 46 bowfront? They have the depth, and the same width as a 55, you might be able to get away with using the stand, Not sure though. They are 15" in depth at the mid of the curved front. I will keep my eyes open for a 55 though.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have you thought of say a 46 bowfront? They have the depth, and the same width as a 55, you might be able to get away with using the stand, Not sure though. They are 15" in depth at the mid of the curved front. I will keep my eyes open for a 55 though.
This is really just a temporary setup until we move next spring, which at that time Im planning on buying a big rimless tank.

I noticed a few days ago that my 29 has a crack in it, so I figured Id take this opportunity to upgrade and use the 55 stand that was left over from my 125 saltwater tank (the 55 was a basement sump).

But, I found a 55 in great condition for $40 at Todds Tropicals. Thanks for the ideas though!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
This is really just a temporary setup until we move next spring, which at that time Im planning on buying a big rimless tank.

I noticed a few days ago that my 29 has a crack in it, so I figured Id take this opportunity to upgrade and use the 55 stand that was left over from my 125 saltwater tank (the 55 was a basement sump).

But, I found a 55 in great condition for $40 at Todds Tropicals. Thanks for the ideas though!
Doh. A couple of days later and the Petco $1 dollar per gallon sale started. Oh well.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doh. A couple of days later and the Petco $1 dollar per gallon sale started. Oh well.
Ah man, just my luck. I even called them to see if the sale was still going on. I thought they only did it twice a year, not every other month. Oh well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts