The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the 1/2" barbs that came with the AquaMedic Reactor 1000 that I purchased from another PT member. Do you happen to have a pair laying around? Thanks

Dan O

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
I need to replace the 1/2" barbs that came with the AquaMedic Reactor 1000 that I purchased from another PT member. Do you happen to have a pair laying around? Thanks

Dan O
Let me see a pic of the 1/2" and the reactor, I may have some fittings that will work.....DC

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless it actually came from an AM 1000, I don't think you'd have something that would fit since it goes to male threads about 1 1/4" in diameter that thread into the reactor. Thanks for checking though!

Dan O

Attachments

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Unless it actually came from an AM 1000, I don't think you'd have something that would fit since it goes to male threads about 1 1/4" in diameter that thread into the reactor. Thanks for checking though!

Dan O
Betcha Lowes has them......DC

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Bet they don't. 5/8" barbs are pretty hard to find. I have to special order them from a old time local hardware store and it takes on average 4-6 weeks to get them.

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Take it into Lowes or Menards, I bought plenty of 5/8" barbed fittings for my Fluvals off the rack at both stores.......DC

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
DC you are lucky, I've only been able to buy them from a curmudgeon in Portland :)proud: ), but the price is very reasonable. HD, Lowes, 3 LHS, and an irrigation supply shop... nothing in threaded 5/8ths.

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Yes I guess I am lucky having several Lowes, Home Depots, and Menards close to home and work. I have found each store stocks different stuff though, apparently some stores allow local management to pick stock. I will gladly look for, purchase, and ship items for you when I am in the store(s)......DC

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts