The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a Cronatron CW2032 regulator, and I didn't pay enough attention to the gauges. The input max is 400 psi, and the delivery output is 30 psi. It says 400 max on the engraved writing on the body. I thought it was 4,000 psi. So there's no way that I can just change the gauge to a 4,000 psi, is there? Looks like I will have to return it. Sucks, because it's a beautiful shiny new regulator. :( Any hope?

·
Super Moderator
11,987 Posts
No, changing the gauge alone will not change the maximum pressure that the regulator can handle. An analogy would be changing the speedometer in your car to have a maximum of 1000 km/hr; your car similarly would not be able to achieve that maximum speed.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, changing the gauge alone will not change the maximum pressure that the regulator can handle. An analogy would be changing the speedometer in your car to have a maximum of 1000 km/hr; your car similarly would not be able to achieve that maximum speed.
Dangit, and I read your same analogy after I bought it on another post. :(. I guess I'm gonna have to lose some money on return shipping.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
You still can change the gauge. Just don't use it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,541 Posts
Dangit, and I read your same analogy after I bought it on another post. :(. I guess I'm gonna have to lose some money on return shipping.
There is a goofy way to use it.. Just gang it to a 1 stage in the right range..say 4000/ 100 followed by your reg.. Now you have a 3 stage regulator.. ;)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so you guys know how the Western Medicas have their gauges on that left fitting instead of the body? I was wondering if I could do that to the right side with a 4,000 gauge, and add the nut and nipple after that? So we'd have a 3 gauge regulator. 2 on the body, and one to the right.

·
Registered
12,541 Posts
Ok, so you guys know how the Western Medicas have their gauges on that left fitting instead of the body? I was wondering if I could do that to the right side with a 4,000 gauge, and add the nut and nipple after that? So we'd have a 3 gauge regulator. 2 on the body, and one to the right.
Well thats confusing.. just take the output of a 1 stage and hook it to the input of the 2 stage w/ a 1/4npt nipple..regardless of orientation..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts