The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just tried buying a bunch of bloody mary shrimps from SoShrimp. OMG I can't believe how beautiful they are. I've kept cherries, painted fire red etc... over many years, yet this is a whole different level.

The shrimps a shiny, with deep color, looking like drops of ruby flying in my tank. So beautiful. You guys should try!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've just tried buying a bunch of bloody mary shrimps from SoShrimp. OMG I can't believe how beautiful they are. I've kept cherries, painted fire red etc... over many years, yet this is a whole different level.

The shrimps a shiny, with deep color, looking like drops of ruby flying in my tank. So beautiful. You guys should try!

Can you take some pics? I just finished acclimating my 2.5 gallon with cherries and they're great but I heard about those bloody mary shrimp and would love to see how they look.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I read somewhere that bloody marys not only have the red shell which is what gives cherries, fire reds etc their color but also their skin/body is red which is why they have that deep red almost burgundy color. Is that true?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Can you take some pics? I just finished acclimating my 2.5 gallon with cherries and they're great but I heard about those bloody mary shrimp and would love to see how they look.
Pictures hardly do them justice. You have to see them in person to truly accept their beauty, IMO.

A lot of people just see them as "red shrimp", no different than PFR's... but they DO look different.

I read somewhere that bloody marys not only have the red shell which is what gives cherries, fire reds etc their color but also their skin/body is red which is why they have that deep red almost burgundy color. Is that true?
This is my understanding....

Cherry shrimp - clear flesh, red shells

Bloody Mary - red flesh, clear shells

The only bloody mary I've seen with red pleopods were those in Australia. Haven't seen any others so red.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wish I could order them. I'm in Quebec and variety is limited. If anyone is willing to ship to Quebec, please let me know. My Nano tank is doing great but I haven't bred any yet (3months old)
nano shrimp tank.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts