The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up some Amanos, usually called Yamato ebi here, from the LFS. I got 10 for about $4. I've only had them in there for a few hours, but they are almost done cleaning the tank! no more fuzzy driftwood and brown leaves!

Anyways just my tank is fairly new since I recently upgraded. There probably isn't much algae on the glass yet. Will there still be enough stuff to eat or should I feed them something once everything looks to be clean?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Supplemental feeding is definitely necessary. I had 3 in a my 56 liter and they kept it spotless despite also stealing food from my CRS. Remember they not only eat algae, they're scavengers and will eat pretty much whatever is dropped in the tanks.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Amanos are great at cleaning a tank. I once had some hair algae in my moss grow out tank and it totally disappeared once I added 6 of them to a 15 gallon.

They are also great at cleaning driftwood from the fungus that develops once it's newely set up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.