The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

RCS prices seem to be dropping like flies. I'm not sure what the interest here would be with prices at $1 per and shipping looks to be $8 or $10 if you needed a heat pack. I still need to get breather bags (whops) and other things. Shipping would be USPS priority.

So How much interest is there? I ask because I can get $1 per at my LFS, so for me, if it's less it might not be worth it to bother shipping them out.

Thanks

-Andrew

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I think $1 a shrimp seems like a great deal. My lfs sells for 4.99 ea. That greatly discourages me to buy them. I think with all the exotic shrimp that pull more interest it has taken greatly away from the value of the RCS.
Tho they are a great value when compared to the highly inflated prices of the CRS.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
And wouldnt that be THEIR problem? I mean, I dont normally take a hit trying to resell for someone else.
No, what Andrew means is that he's debating between selling it online here versus selling it to his LFS.

By selling to his LFS, he won't have to invest time and money for shipping supplies and heat pack.

I think that's what he meant.

PS: Andrew, you can charge people for heat packs...all you have to spend is for the shipping bags.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
No, what Andrew means is that he's debating between selling it online here versus selling it to his LFS.

By selling to his LFS, he won't have to invest time and money for shipping supplies and heat pack.

I think that's what he meant.

PS: Andrew, you can charge people for heat packs...all you have to spend is for the shipping bags.
My bad (as usual LOL)
I would sell to the LFS, no packing, no trouble, no paypal fees!

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright guys thanks for the great response.

I think I'm still going to order breather bags since I've found a cheap source! Right now I don't think I will need heat packs untill the fall.

So here is what I think I'll do.

This spring I'll offer them for $1 per plus what priority flat rate box is ($8) I won't charge for the bags. I will be at the post office anyways so why not offer them?

I will also bring some to the LFS, surprisingly (NOT) its easy to spend money there, so why not?

So in the next months I might have some for sale:icon_wink

Thanks,
-Andrew

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok Guys, I'm going to order some different sized boxes from the USPS website and see which one I like the best. I'll use that to ship them, I have no idea how many I have, Maybe 100 I can sell:biggrin: So Look for me selling them sooner or later!

-Andrew

·
Registered
72 Posts
Andrew, just fyi.. I just had some shrimp shipped to me for $4.55 - Florida to Oregon. The box was this one from the post office.

And with respect to $1/per shrimp. That seems to be the defacto rate now for whatever reason. That's my price point.
Will

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.