The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am getting ready to purchase and set up a Fluval Ebi for shrimp. I made some plans and I want to know from experienced shrimp owners if this tank will be a good place for some red crystal shrimp!
Ok so I'm using the Ebi as my tank and planting some moss(flame, fissiden, Christmas, java, and moss balls) and some micro swords. I bought filter floss so babies won't get sucked in to the filter, a small fluvall heater, and ph tester strips. My plan is to set up the plants and water a few weeks before I get shrimp. Any tips? Will this plan and supplies be good enough? Can I age tap water and use that for water? And, I know red crystal shrimps are sensitive, are they a good starter shrimp? Do I need 2 lights or the tank? And how do I change the ph if it is too high or low? Sorry it's a lot of questions! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
17,160 Posts
You won't need a heater if you're keeping dwarf shrimp.

Search the forum for "fishless cycle" - you'll need to fully cycle your aquarium before shrimp can live in it. That will take you 4-6 weeks, most likely.

Cherry Shrimp are a better choice if you're new to shrimp. Crystals will require very specific water parameters - rarely can use tap with them.

The stock light fixture will be fine for mosses.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.