The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dual bulb T5HO 48" on my 75g set on a timer to 7 hours of light in the evening to maximimze my viewing when I'm around at night. Then I also have a single bulb T12 on top that I like to switch on when I'm at home for extended morning/midday times, either when working from home or on the weekends.

My thinking was this separate light with extra hours of lighting would not be significant enough to cause algae problems, especially if I forget to turn it off (rare, but possible). I wanted to make sure it won't confuse the plants or anything by having inconsistent time/intensity of the lighting. For example, most weekdays there will just be 7 hours of 2xT5HO light. But then on the weekends it would commonly have 15 hours, but 8 of those at a very low intensity (0.5 watts/g of T12). Does this sound like an ok plan? If not what do others do in similar situations?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.