The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm confused again lol, surprise surprise.

So the dimensions of my tank are 44" Long by 20" High by 18" Wide.

What light system do you guys suggest for me to do a low-tech aquarium? I don't want to add CO2 but would be willing to go the whole root tab route.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
A good quality 2 bulb T5HO light hanging about a foot above the top of the tank would work well. Or, a pair of 2 bulb Coralife T5NO lights widely separated, sitting on top of the tank.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just noticed that the title of my thread and the actual content don't quite make sense... I had checked a few things on Ebay and found one that I thought was interesting, but after thinking about it, it gave me like... 1 watt per gallon... and I don't think thats quite enough... I'll look into the lights you suggested Hoppy, thanks.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
It makes no difference how many watts the lights use in producing light. It is the light intensity that counts, not watts. And, watts or any other measure of light "power" per gallon is utterly meaningless.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ohh boyyy lol, everything I thought I knew about lighting just came crashing down around me...

Hanging the lights isn't an option as my ceilings are way too high, it would look ridiculous... Would it be possible to point me to a site where I can get the Coralife lighting systems for what is considered a good price?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.