The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see, I have all my fish listed that inhabit my 100 gallon planted tank. I was wanting to add 2 more adult angels to it but I wasnt sure if that would be too much. I do a 50% water change each week. Just lemme know!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the angels Im thinking about adding are the ones in my signature titled mating angels. They have lived in a 30 gal by themselves for a while now and im not sure how they would react to living with other fish again.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I would say you're ok. Most of your fish stay pretty small, except the rainbows, plecos and angelfish. A single XP3 on a 100g may be pushing it though. You may need to add something in addition and/or do more water changes.

·
Registered
888 Posts
:icon_wink
They might try to eat the neons.
This can be avoided. If the angels are young, they can be kept with neons and as they grow, their view to the neons as tankmates will not be affected. However, an introduction of new fish of the same size as the neons will easily be viewed as snacks unfortunately.

I doubt scalares can easily eat adult neons unless the scalare is 4 inches in diameter size. But it can be different in most cases.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, but especially since he said they we a mating pair. We all know that fish can act out of the ordinary when they are breeding, and might attack other fish. If those other fish are neons, I don't know if they'd make it.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Yeah, but especially since he said they we a mating pair. We all know that fish can act out of the ordinary when they are breeding, and might attack other fish. If those other fish are neons, I don't know if they'd make it.
They can make it in a big planted tank especially when kept in large numbers. Remember, shoaling is also their defense mechanism.:) However a small tank is obviously another story.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Seven Angels in my 180. A couple of pairs spawn and I've had free swimming fry. Also in the 180: 43 Rummynose Tetras, 3 Coplandi Tetras, 4 Panda Corys, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 Rainbow Shark and 1 Dwarf Blue Gourami. I do 30% water changes weekly.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
humm...thats something to think about. Well the angels that are currently in my 100 gal. dont even notice my rasboras and neons. But i think adding 2 angels that are rather large that have been by themselves for a while would be a bad idea. I do have two smaller angels that im thinking about adding though. I think that would be much better. I can post some pictures. Do that in a sec

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here are the mating angels:

Here are the smaller ones:

this one has been cleaning on the intake tube all day and i think is getting ready to lay eggs. I dont know who the mate is though:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
see the protrusion from its stomach in that last angel pic?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok this thread is turning into a whole different subject but the angelfish pictured next to the filter intake started to lay eggs. But the thing is there is no male to fertilize them. Is this normal?

·
Registered
888 Posts
ok this thread is turning into a whole different subject but the angelfish pictured next to the filter intake started to lay eggs. But the thing is there is no male to fertilize them. Is this normal?
The eggs will be infertile.:) Nothing wrong with your angel.:)
I did see the protrusion of its vent.:)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well why did she lay the eggs when she knew they wouldnt be fertilized?

·
Registered
888 Posts
well why did she lay the eggs when she knew they wouldnt be fertilized?
:hihi: :icon_mrgr
It can happen. The eggs will still be infertile anyway. There are some people who have two female angels pairing up.;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts