The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance for this being long but I would really really appreciate any responses.

So, I've been wanting to do this for a long time but after much research I feel slightly overwhelmed. I could really use some suggestions.

I have a 75 gallon aquarium, a waterfall feature with a filter (is that good enough?), 2 Full Spectrum Daylight Bulbs T-8, 32 Watt, 48 inches with a fixture, a mesh top, cork bark, aquarium silicone, a quad fan to prevent mold. I will be buying a digital thermometer w/ temperature probe and hygrometer.

I want it to resemble a rainforest.

Now, here's the problem: I have no idea what to put in it. There are SO many options. I would like to have some sort of reptile, but I've heard a lot about how they carry parasites and disease and the set up would be in my room so I'm a bit nervous. Any opinions.. or facts.. on this? What kind of reptile would be ideal for a beginner with a half land/half water set up? Originally I wanted a chinese water dragon but I've read that a 75 gallon wouldn't be big enough, so I'll settle for something smaller :)

I would prefer it if the lizards suggested thrive at room temperature/don't need a heating lamp but I could also buy a heat lamp if that's not possible.

Can I have fish in it too, or any other animals, if I have a lizard? I've read so many different things on it and some people say yes others no. Would love to hear what people here have to say.

Then, what kind of plants work well? They would need to be non toxic to the animals of course.. I know baby's tears and bromeliads work, what else would?

and what kind of moss works well?

1 - 2 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.