The Planted Tank Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a friend that lived in the Netherlands and am currently talking with him about acquiring some more TPN+.

I got some a few years back when I was approached by a employee of Tropica who wanted some of my plants. He sent me TPN+ along with some of their root tabs. It works great and I have been using it in my nano tanks since I got it. I really don't know why its not available in the US since regular TPN is available here but I think it would be very useful for people here.

It is a liquid fertilizer that contains EVERYTHING that is needed by plants INCLUDING N (nitrogen) and P (phosphorus). So it's an ALL IN ONE dosing liquid!!!

Here is a link from Tropica.

TPN+

Here is what the breakdown of TPN+ is:

TPN+
N 1.34%
P 0.10%
K 1.03%
Mg 0.39%
S 0.91%
B 0.004%
Cu 0.006%
Fe 0.07%
Mn 0.04%
Mo 0.002%
Zn 0.002%

So I found some nice 250ml dispensing containers that look exactly like the ones that regular TPN come in. They have the storage below and a bulb with measurement ticks on it above. All you do is take off the cap, squeeze till it fills to your desired dose and then dump it in. These look, with shipping like they will cost about $2.20 to add to whatever the ferts + shipping will cost. I think thats pretty promising. There is an online aquatic store selling ~500ml bottles like this for $6/bottle. ;)

Here is a list off all interested parties.

#1 JasonG75 (TPT)
#2 Oldpunk78 (TPT)
#3 H2O (TPT)
#4 Betta Maniac (TPT)
#5 renaisancexx (TPT)
#6 madness (TPT)
#7 lbacha (TPT)
#8 youjettisonme (TPT)
#9 manualfocus (TPT)
#10 Daniil (APC)
#11 bryfox86 (APC)
#12 aviva90 (AC)
#13 SomebodySayJuan (TPT)
#14 SCHWAGert (AC)
#15 Londonloco (TPT)
#16 oliverpool (TPT)
#17 jedimasterben (TPT)
#18 Orion (TPT)
#19 TheFishBoss97 (AC)
#20 vamountainbird (AC)
#21 CakeHunter (TPT)
#22 HondaV (TPT)
#23 Oldpunk78 (TPT)
#24 MotionInSilver (AC)
#25 Ed Alfonso (APC)
#26 vamountainbird (AC)

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
Naw, I'm good. I have one bottle that will last me quite a while since I only have one nano tank that needs dosing. I only dose 3ml per dose and 2x a week. Just giving you a testimonial of a great product. I don't know anyone that is offering this fert here in the US. I got hooked up through a friend.

This product makes dosing simple. Hopefully more planted tankers here in the US will give this fert a try. GLWS.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Naw, I'm good. I have one bottle that will last me quite a while since I only have one nano tank that needs dosing. I only dose 3ml per dose and 2x a week. Just giving you a testimonial of a great product. I don't know anyone that is offering this fert here in the US. I got hooked up through a friend.

This product makes dosing simple. Hopefully more planted tankers here in the US will give this fert a try. GLWS.
No problem, just wanted to check. Hopefully there is enough interest to where I can get enough that it isn't an arm and a leg to get 250ml to someone.

Just FYI, anyone thinking about this I use it on a heavily populated high grade CRS tank so there is NO risk of causing harm to your shrimp with this liquid.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I thought that you couldn't keep certain nutrients together because they'd react chemically or something?

^^Not a scientist. haha

I might be interested too depending on price.

·
Registered
920 Posts
i would like to know the price as well. i like the idea of all in one dosing :D

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Put me on that list.
Your in there. :proud:

I thought that you couldn't keep certain nutrients together because they'd react chemically or something?

^^Not a scientist. haha

I might be interested too depending on price.
The chelators that Tropica uses allows them to be mixed with NO precipitation. Also, even in solutions that dont have these chelators and they do precipitate it doesn't cause the product to be unusable. It can just lead to a bit of clouding for a short period of time.

I'm in, depending on price. Any idea on how much?
+1 Depending on price.
so this is better than seachem flourish?
This isnt really comparible to flourish in that it contains BOTH mIcros and mAcros. Its just a very nice product because you dose one solution every day or so and your good to go.

i would like to know the price as well. i like the idea of all in one dosing :D
As far as price is concerned. You can get the TPN mIcro liquid from big als for $12.99 + shipping. I would think that this solution (where is is available in both forms) would be the same price for both.

I really have no idea what the cost will be or even if I can pull this off but if I had to guess I would say that 250ml would be no more then $25 shipped to your door. I dont know what types of bottles I will be shipping in but if demand is great enough I may purchase an amount of the nice 250ml squeeze bottle with the measurements in an area marked in 5ml increments, but that would also add to the cost.

This is a premium product that isn't available so its going to cost more than your normal flourish. It is also the only product I know of that allows you to dose with one solution. If you are pinching pennies then this probably isn't for you. Its for those with more disposal income that want to use a premium and not easily available product that will enhance the quality of their planted experience.

So having said that who wants to be on the list (other than old punk)?

·
Registered
37 Posts
So given the concentrations of nutrients in this solution, if one were to adjust his/her lighting either higher or lower, would it be as simple as adjusting the dosage amount to compensate? Are there dosage recommendations specific to this product provided by Tropica?

If it's yes/yes, and starting at $25 shipped, put me on that list! =D

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So given the concentrations of nutrients in this solution, if one were to adjust his/her lighting either higher or lower, would it be as simple as adjusting the dosage amount to compensate? Are there dosage recommendations specific to this product provided by Tropica?

Yes/Yes, Ill put you on the list.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Tropica recommends 5ml/50l of water or roughly 5ml/12.5g. :proud:

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No idea. If I found out the actual price, posted it up, waited for everyone who was in to pay, payed Giles, wAited for the product to arrive, purchased nice bottles (if demand dictates that), waited for them to come in, packed up everyone's orders I would say a month to 3 weeks best case.

·
Registered
920 Posts
so they will not be going to you with the squeeze bottle like the link shows?

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.