The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a friend that lived in the Netherlands and am currently talking with him about acquiring some more TPN+.

I got some a few years back when I was approached by a employee of Tropica who wanted some of my plants. He sent me TPN+ along with some of their root tabs. It works great and I have been using it in my nano tanks since I got it. I really dont know why its not available in the US since regular TPN is available here but I think it would be very useful for people here.

It is a liquid fertilizer that contains EVERYTHING that is needed by plants INCLUDING N (nitrogen) and P (phosphorus). So it's an ALL IN ONE dosing liquid!!!

Here is a link from Tropica.

TPN+

Here is what the breakdown of TPN+ is:

TPN+
N 1.34%
P 0.10%
K 1.03%
Mg 0.39%
S 0.91%
B 0.004%
Cu 0.006%
Fe 0.07%
Mn 0.04%
Mo 0.002%
Zn 0.002%

Here is a list off all interested parties.

#1 JasonG75

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I was reading over the link and found this part of the useage instructions quite interesting: "Where signs of algae growth develop, reduce the dosage by 50% and increase water changing frequency by 50 %. Changing the water not only reduces the concentration of nutrients in the water, but also removes algae spores, remnants and other accumulated elements from the aquarium water. "

Wouldn't you think one of the premier aquatic plant companies would know this flys in the face of common knowledge that excess nutrients do not cause algae? Hasn't it been proven over and over that decreasing nutrients to control algae is ridiculous? How can Tropica and ADA continue with these crazy ideas?

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was reading over the link and found this part of the useage instructions quite interesting: "Where signs of algae growth develop, reduce the dosage by 50% and increase water changing frequency by 50 %. Changing the water not only reduces the concentration of nutrients in the water, but also removes algae spores, remnants and other accumulated elements from the aquarium water. "

Wouldn't you think one of the premier aquatic plant companies would know this flies in the face of common knowledge that excess nutrients do not cause algae? Hasn't it been proven over and over that decreasing nutrients to control algae is ridiculous? How can Tropica and ADA continue with these crazy ideas?
The only logical (in my mind) is that the dosing amounts they recommend are higher then we would actually need. I dont know why they still say these things but hey Florida aquatic nurseries (I think) still sells Rotala Rotundifolia as Rotala Indica even though I have sent them multiple emails with other info showing that is an erroneous ID. It all has to do with marketing most of the time.

·
Registered
194 Posts
simple math-you will add WEEKLY
N=1,34ppm
P==0,1ppm
Fe=0,07ppm
is this realy higher than we actually need????
Changing the water not only reduces the concentration of nutrients in the water, but also removes algae spores, remnants and other accumulated elements from the aquarium water. "
:proud:

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
simple math-you will add WEEKLY
N=1,34ppm
P==0,1ppm
Fe=0,07ppm
is this realy higher than we actually need????

:proud:
I'm not sure what you're trying to say but I have no idea how much you need, just thought that was an interesting part of the usage directions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts