The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my co-worker is a saltwater guy. His buddy just posted him a photo of his new tank and asked my co-worker's opinion. It's a 65 gallon saltwater tank equipped with a light, a heater, and a powerhead (notice no filter of any kind). The tank has what appears to be concrete sand substrate, a chunk of Texas holy rock, a chunk of lace rock, and plastic plants. The tank is housing a wolf eel, a tang (not the small variety), a ray, a full sized lionfish, and a few other fish totalling around $500. My co-worker just laughed and responded with "good luck".

So that got me thinking. I am sure that him and I are not the only ones that get asked advice about bad setups from our friends and family. I think it would be funny to hear everyone's horror stories.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Family member got interested in fish and got wrong quantities and species.
10 gallon with several bala sharks, 15gal hexagon (small floor area)with several red tail sharks and some Dalmatian mollies, 36gal bow front with 5 goldfish.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My friend got a fish tank (probably 10 or 20 gallons) to put in the classroom at his school. Goes to Walmart to buy his fish and stocks it with 2 goldfish and a puffer, probably a green spotted puffer, and the story goes down-hill from there... just hope the elementary kids didn't see the mess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts