The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my co-worker is a saltwater guy. His buddy just posted him a photo of his new tank and asked my co-worker's opinion. It's a 65 gallon saltwater tank equipped with a light, a heater, and a powerhead (notice no filter of any kind). The tank has what appears to be concrete sand substrate, a chunk of Texas holy rock, a chunk of lace rock, and plastic plants. The tank is housing a wolf eel, a tang (not the small variety), a ray, a full sized lionfish, and a few other fish totalling around $500. My co-worker just laughed and responded with "good luck".

So that got me thinking. I am sure that him and I are not the only ones that get asked advice about bad setups from our friends and family. I think it would be funny to hear everyone's horror stories.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My friend got a fish tank (probably 10 or 20 gallons) to put in the classroom at his school. Goes to Walmart to buy his fish and stocks it with 2 goldfish and a puffer, probably a green spotted puffer, and the story goes down-hill from there... just hope the elementary kids didn't see the mess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.