The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been getting behind on doing my water changes. I usually change out my 15g tank once a week, but I'd been doing it once every 2 weeks lately. I've noticed I've been getting some excessive fish poo building up, and my plants were beginning to look the worse for wear. I had some moss on some drift wood, and it looked like my amazons were blocking out so much of the light that the moss was going yellow.

So I do a 50% water change, which is what I usually do, take the drift wood out and trim out the dead moss, put it back in, and with all this activity, I've kicked up a lot of junk that was sitting on my gravel. I finish the water change, and my neons are swimming around in a panic. I never set up a quarantine tank because I got these guys all at once. Within 45 minutes, all 9 of my neons are dead. I have no clue what could have caused this.

Sigh.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Yeah...if you have gravel in the tank...you really need to sink the vacuum into the substrate during water changes to pull that stuff out. Check you parameters, like mistergreen already said, I'd bet you are having a minicycle. Do a large water change and/or get the remaining fish out of the tank and into a quarantine tank or bucket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.