The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my red cherry shrimp has begun to swim around the tank. This is unusual--usually, all the red cherries just sit in the moss and pick away while the amanos sit under a log until the lights go out. This unusual behavior has persisted for several days now. The shrimp occasionally stops and eats, but is much more active than usual...generally a bad sign, AFAIK.

Is it possible its having trouble molting or its readying itself to lay eggs? I've checked all my "checkable" water parameters and performed a decent water change just in case. Everything seems to be in order.

The tank is about 5 weeks old and the shrimp have been in the tank since the second week (don't worry, I used BioSpira). I try to limit the amount of copper that goes into the tank, but I am finding it difficult to judge. I'll try to get my hands on a test kit. I also supplement with a little iodine, but that is also difficult to judge.

Thanks in advance.

^iMp^

·
Registered
336 Posts
A little watching will do the trick. If you are scared of copper,just add few drops of copper remover solution.>usually for reef use<

1 - 3 of 3 Posts