The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goldfish started getting white spots on his tail about a month ago but I didn't do anything because they usually go away on their own. This time they are spreading. No behavioral changes or anything, thankfully, but the spots on her tail aren't getting any better. They're about 1mm in diameter, white and form in a line on the edge of the tail. Today one of the lumps appeared in the middle of the tail. It's definitely not ich because this fish had ich before and it looked totally different. I'm pretty sure it's not fungus either, since the spots aren't fuzzy but smooth looking. I'm rather attached to this fish as I've had it for about 7 years now. What do you think it could be?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh wow that sounds horrible! So I did some reading on nodular disease and they said that they're like cysts that burst and release the sporozoans, but it's been at least a month since these things showed up and they haven't changed shape or burst. Gosh, I really hope it isn't nodular disease, apparently it's incurable and the spores can never be destroyed and remain in the tank forever :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
that the thing about spores you don't know when they gonna burst they can be in that stage for few days to few decades and you never know if they will come out. As long your fish is happy just keep the water clean, however you should isolate him from your other goldfish just incase. I think i did had one black ranchu that had a nodular disease on his head at first i though that the wen was growing but it look more like a salt or white dot.Sadly he pass away after he got that a year later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.