The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are tiny worms all over my mystery snail glass. They are super tiny and white. I'm terrified that they could be something bad in my breeder tank. I have one day betta in it because I went to Petco for goldfish and they all had ich, so I saw baby bettas in tiny cups and a few were dead, so I took home 2. 1 for each mystery tank. What are they?! This is zoomed all the way in on my camera? Not all the spots are worms. Just the ones on the glass, the other stuff is from my mystery snails

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
My first 2 thoughts- planaria or detritus worms. First step, though- water changes. Of you have a lot of mulm or organic build up remove a much as you can. If it's detritus worms keeping your tank pristine will kill them. If it's planaria it can be bad news and the 2 baby betta could have transmitted them. I can't remember how I treated planaria, it's been so long.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been doing a ton of vacuuming every other day sucking out poop and any uneaten food. It's in my mystery snail tank with a baby betta. I have noticed since I have been cleaning more that I'm seeing less and less of them. I also got 3 endler fish in with the betta to eat them. It seems to have done the trick. I dont see them like I did. It has seemed to eliminate the numbers drastically by cleaning every other day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.