hi to every one out there
i setup a new planted aquarium 15 days back
whose specs are
48*20*24 inches
filter jbl cristiprofi 1500e
lighting 54 x 4 t5
substrate -jbl aquabasis plus -monodo-controsoil
excel dosing for time being , planning to add pressurized setup next week

today i was shocked to see thousands and thousands of tiny worms 1-2 mm sticking to my glass .Without knowing what to do i overdosed excel 2-3 times .within a short span all of them started detaching from the glass . but there were lot of bigger worms 0f size 1-3 cm were swimming in serpentine motion . i have these creatures in my older aquarium but these were 1 or 2 in number . but the quantity of them in newer tank really scares me .but good thing is i haven't added any fishes
so experts kindly clear my doubts
- what are these creature
- how to cure these infestations
- are these harmful to fishes
i am attaching pic of the longest worm which i was able to catch

·
Registered
102 Posts
Are they all white in color? I used to have blood worms in my tank. They would drop and dig into substrate when I fed my fish and then they just multiplied.. I put a fire eel thingy in my tank and that got rid of most them. I redone the substrate to remove them all and now I don't feed worms anymore lol. My worms were reddish and sometimes white..

However they might be Planaria worms. If that's be case I would redo substrate personally for peace of mind.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Hey mate i have these worms in my aqaurium aswell they seem to love living in my filter media! i was very worried when i first found them but after a few days i just decided to leave them and not worry 2 months later my gupiies are bredding mad! tank clean as a brand new sheet of glass and no fish ilness! :) you should be fine mate they are probely doing your fish good and helping cleaning up the tank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.