The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are these white worms that are in my tank and they look like Nematodes (after searching up different images of worms in aquariums).

I heard from a few sources (forums and webpages) that Planaria can be harmful to Shrimp (the newborns and the weaker adults) but since I indentified the white worms in my tank as Nematodes I'm wondering if Nematodes can pose a threat to my RCH.

I've lowered their numbers drastically to the point I can rarely ever notice any.. if I look real hard I can only see like one or two in the substrate (but I removed those too).

Nowdays, I see none... but if there is one last living Nematode he can split apart and come back again (hopefully this isn't the case and I got rid of them all)

So point is: Can Nematodes pose a threat to RCH and are there any other worms other than Planaria that can cause a threat in the case that I identified my white worms wrong?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
There are still nematodes in the tank (and virtually everywhere else on the planet) but unless they are present in large numbers they are unlikely to hurt anything. Like most pest species, if you keep feedings to a minimum so that the shrimp eat nearly everything, their population will crash and you'll be good. Best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.