The Planted Tank Forum banner

Worm

1525 11
Ok I am really grossed out right now! I just got done cleaning my tank and putting in new plants when I stepped back to take a look at my work. What do I see?! I NASTY worm thing! It was right on top of the gravel sucking to the side of my tank and doing the bunch up the body, straiten out the body along the glass. I am kind of gagging right now. So I killed it in hot water and then turn on the garbage disposal. It had a little sucky mouth and got about an inch long stretched out and was cream colored. What the F was this? Could there be more? And will it get in my fish? What do I do?! :icon_eek:
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahhhhh

So could this be th reason one of my guppys had 3 holes in his tail? Because that killed him :( Do these things reproduce? And where the f did it come from?! I am so upset right now I want to cry. And vomit a little. I mean if I have to break the whole thing down I will. But then do I have to recycle my whole tank? Is the gravel vacuum strong enough to suck them up? Is there a way to kill them and not kill my fish without having to break down the whole tank? Please help.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
So could this be th reason one of my guppys had 3 holes in his tail? Because that killed him :( Do these things reproduce? And where the f did it come from?! I am so upset right now I want to cry. And vomit a little. I mean if I have to break the whole thing down I will. But then do I have to recycle my whole tank? Is the gravel vacuum strong enough to suck them up? Is there a way to kill them and not kill my fish without having to break down the whole tank? Please help.

I doubt it. Leeches would suck on the body, not tail. Depending on how it looks, holes in the tail could mean a few things, from fin rot to some fish biting at it.

Leeches are rare to get in a tank.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oops

Oh sorry. I guess I need to be more careful. That was the only thing that came to my mind when trying to think of a title because really I was freaked out. Sorry. Thanks for changing it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.