The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm such a Geek, I know :p. Warcraft makes me <3 so very much. I have oodles of their books, cards, miniatures, etc.

And since my Main character is a Moonkin, I figured why the heck not :].

Okay so, I started this mini sculpture like .. two months ago.

But, life got all poopy, and I got cranky and stopped working on it.

It's only about 1 1/2 inches, maybe a bit taller , and 1 1/2 inches wide, maybe a bit thinner in the front.

Turning it into a "charm" to dangle from my purse :].

Unfortunately it's starting to dry out a bit [even Sculpy dries eventually if you don't work it constantly!] because it's been exposed for so long.

So!

I'm finally trying to buckle down on it, and finish it so I can cook it sometime this week and paint it, and have it done by the end of the week (I hope!).

But, I need to make myself get back to work on my art stuff, so I figured I'm make a thread, this way I have to finish it :hihi:.

So, here is a shot~.

I still have quiet a bit to finish.

I have to fix one of the horns that cracked and fell off :(.

And I have some small [painfully so] details to make and attach.

Here's an earlier shot of it, Ignore the scratched on eyes, I just scratched them on real quick because it was creepy when the face had no eyes >> ...

Also, the beak in this last picture got broken off by my satan cat, so I had to replace it, as you can see if the first picture, I happen to like the new one better, actually. Just gotta finish it, Lol.

Btw, for those who don't know Warcraft, a Moonkin is basicly an owlbeast, a Owl-bear-monster thing :>

Here's a shot of their in-game ness.

Well, actually that's someone's recolored version of them, but, it's basicly the same, I used this to link for you guys since it shows various angles :), and it was the first thing to pop up on google for me and I'm lazy :p.

If you play the game you know what they look like anyway, so nyah.

I'm making the Horde one[brown one], because I play my moonkin on the horde side, even though I absolutely love the Alliance [purple] ones more :p .. Mainly because they get antlers. :frown:

Anywho, time to buckle down and stop being lazy:icon_redf.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I love world of war craft but my laptop can't handle it, pretty old video card, and it's probably a good thing too because it will become a full time job for me lol

That looks very good! I wanna get into sculpting but I got so many things going on that it will have to wait :)

I wanna see it when it's finished so get on it :hihi:

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
You are one talented young lady! Awesome work. :)

And for the record, yes, you are a geek. :biggrin: Just to prove it:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, Between that and Cataclysm, I'm a happy little WoWgeek :]. I can't wait for even just a teaser trailer for the movie.

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Haha i'm a WoW geek as well.
80 gnome mage, 72 night elf druid, 64 human paladin, 63 dwarf hunter, 63 gnome warlock, 63 draenei shaman, and 68 blood elf priest. The alliance characters are on Kalecgos and the 1 horde is on Techinodrius or something lol.. haven't learned the name of it yet haha (just faction + realm transfered). What characters do you have? What realm?

WoTLK has been pretty cool, but i'm not sure about Cataclysm... it's either going to make or break the game for me. But i am SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED for gnome priests!!! That is going to be EPIC.

A movie sounds cool! I didn't know a film was in the works.

Your sculpture is amazing! What is it made out of? If it's going to dangle from your purse, it must be a pretty durable material.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha i'm a WoW geek as well.
80 gnome mage, 72 night elf druid, 64 human paladin, 63 dwarf hunter, 63 gnome warlock, 63 draenei shaman, and 68 blood elf priest. The alliance characters are on Kalecgos and the 1 horde is on Techinodrius or something lol.. haven't learned the name of it yet haha (just faction + realm transfered). What characters do you have? What realm?

WoTLK has been pretty cool, but i'm not sure about Cataclysm... it's either going to make or break the game for me. But i am SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED for gnome priests!!! That is going to be EPIC.

A movie sounds cool! I didn't know a film was in the works.

Your sculpture is amazing! What is it made out of? If it's going to dangle from your purse, it must be a pretty durable material.

Hehe :).

Ah let's see.

Horde: Terenas
80 Druid [ My main, and true love! Adehl :) ]
76 Priest
72 hunter
67 Mage
63 Shaman
62 Paladin
60 Rogue
59 Warlock
58 Death Knight

My boyfriend has like ..three 80s, and a handful of 40-70s himself.

My sculp is made out of regular Sculpy, though I hate it, waaaay too soft, I'm definitely going with Super Sculpy [number here] next time I buy more clay.

I'm pretty protective and gentle/careful with my purse as it is, and sculpy is pretty durable, so as long as I don't SLAM it against something it should be okay :].

I was going to give my hordie moonkin Alliance moonkin styled antlers, because they're awesome, but I figured they'd be more likely to break anyway, so I stuck with the water baffalo horns :p.

I'm actually about to update this with some pre-bakeing shots before I stick the keychain in it and bake it. -nervous-

----------

Update!

I think I'm happy with it.

Just gotta man up and plunge some metal in it's head and bake it!

I'll probably make the little metal clasps on moonkins , with the feathers sticking out, seperately, I figured they'd be too small/thin and burn in the oven.

I might even get some mini feathers to stick out of them for some funness :).

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ha! Actually, It does!

And it got baked. AND I didn't burn it ;).

Unfortunatly I butchered the painting a little. A few things came out darker then I wanted, because the paints I used are like.. 5-6 years old . Whoops!

So I'm going to try and repaint it tonight.

As you can see,the horns are way dark. Stupid old paint!

I also missed a few spots that you can notice in the second picture.

I had a bright light on me while I was painting, so I thought it was just shine from wet paint, turns out I missed a few nooks and crannies. So I have to remix some paint and fix it up.

She also needs eyes! And somehow I got speckles of black and white on her back and side, I think from when I was sneezeing and cleaning brushes :(. So, I've got another few hours before she's done.

Just not sure how I'm going to do the eyeeess.

Not entirely happy with how she came out, but I'm going to keep trying until I can be content with her :p. But, as they say, and artist is their own worst Critic.

I was thinking about just doing black ovals for the eyes, but with our dark the face is, I was thinking maybe baby blue, since tauren moonkins have bright blue eyes. What do you guys think ?

Edit; PS.

Also I just noticed in the pictures, the colors are a LOT brighter irl. And you can actually see the carved in smile.

I need to get better with this camera, rofl. Maybe if I actually read it's booklet, I just might! /fail

And yes, that's Disgaea for DS that it's sitting on :p.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finished-- For now.

Well, we're leaving early in the morning, so I wanted to finish this up as best as I could before so.

So it's pretty much done, like 99%. Just gotta go over some black that got on it's back ><

Anywho, without further delay;

I think I did pretty good for it being so small [ 1 1/2 inch tall and wide!] , and it being my first sculpture and all :icon_redf.

Lost a LOT of the detail in those pictures, it looks a hundred times better in real life :(. But everything usually does unless you're a pro photographer ;).

Not too happy with the eyes, probably going to sand them down when we get home and figure out a better way to do it. Hmmm.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks very good, great job! Now you should try making other characters ;)
Lol thanks :).

Was actually thinking about planning out my boyfriend's BE Pally to try a non-monstery look. No idea how I'd go about it. Would probably be smaller though, this thing is a bit too big to really go on a keychain and be able to fit in a pocket, y'know?

I wanted to make a horde insignia on a shield , something tiny and quick today, but life threw us some sucky curve balls, so I only just barely got this finished :(.

Anywho, i've got some plans for more WoW things, for sure :].

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
I would so buy one of these from you, lol! That is so awesome!
Have you ever thought about trying to make a gnome mage? :hihi: You could make my character! :eek::eek::eek::eek: Look up Nairo from kalecgos on the armory, haha.

I think the eyes look great.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would so buy one of these from you, lol! That is so awesome!
Have you ever thought about trying to make a gnome mage? :hihi: You could make my character! :eek::eek::eek::eek: Look up Nairo from kalecgos on the armory, haha.

I think the eyes look great.

Really :)? You don't think the eyes look too .. blah? I duno I wanted the whole thing to stay simple and cute, but I get kinda carried away with details, lol! But then the eyes are so simple that I thought it might look poopy.

Thanks for the reinforcment ^^.

I was actually thinking about trying out a humanoid one [well.. a more..human, one. Not a beast or a tauren :p ] to see if I could do them well, and if so, I was going to take comissions on them :]!

If you're seriously interested, Shoot me a PM and we can talk about it, I'll be on sparingly after today for a few days, and I won't be able to start working on anything new until we get back, but I can sketch out ideas and scaled images and stuff while I'm gone :].

Edit: P.S;

Here are some shots I took for a friend who wanted a better reference scale then my Authenticator, Lol!

AA Battery, a DS game, and a Littlest Petshop for size ref :).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts