The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if anyone buys plants online, no matter from in here, a website or even an LFS... be careful. I bought plants from somewhere and a week later I had well over 100 damselfly nymphs crawling around! it took a while to remove them but they are gone.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Must've been from someone growing them in a pond. One time I noticed something was eating the leaves off of my plants from my first plant package, I had no clue waht it was. I kept looking and I saw two leaves folded together wierd. I took those leaves out and there was a green worm inside of it! He was eating all my plants with his perfect camo.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
I atleast rinse new plants in tap water but I still find snail eggs, duckweed, christmas moss, hygrofilia polysperma among other things, I've just been lucky not to get anything serious into my tank that could be a real pain to get out, knock on wood.

I don't like to do the 19 to 1 bleach dip or PP dip but It's a good practice just to float new plants in a bucket of water to make sure they are hydrated well before any dipping to reduce any change of harming your new plants.

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
Must've been from someone growing them in a pond. One time I noticed something was eating the leaves off of my plants from my first plant package, I had no clue waht it was. I kept looking and I saw two leaves folded together wierd. I took those leaves out and there was a green worm inside of it! He was eating all my plants with his perfect camo.
You had a caddisfly larva. Can you believe some nut jobs use them to make jewelry?

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
My girlfriend freaked when she had a dragonfly hatch. Got the plants from Florida Aquatic that time, came in on sword plants. It was flying around... probably november/december. I felt bad but out in the cold it went.

-Gordon

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
My girlfriend freaked when she had a dragonfly hatch. Got the plants from Florida Aquatic that time, came in on sword plants. It was flying around... probably november/december. I felt bad but out in the cold it went.

-Gordon
I ordered from FAN once...I had the heart attack of my life when I soaked the plants right out of the bag and DOZENS of caterpillars started crawling out of the pots. I was screaming. My girlfriend was there and she picked them out for me with tweezers loll.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I ordered from FAN once...I had the heart attack of my life when I soaked the plants right out of the bag and DOZENS of caterpillars started crawling out of the pots. I was screaming. My girlfriend was there and she picked them out for me with tweezers loll.
:icon_eek: lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
n00b lol :flick:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts