The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so excited! I got my PFRs from msnikkistar just over a week ago and I see 6 little babies hanging out by the moss balls! They are so cool! Now I'm scared to do my vac today...they are so little!

I tried taking pictures, but my cameras all suck and these little guys are REALLY tiny! I will try with a different camera later!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Congrats!
I feel your excitement. I am waiting like an expectant grandparent for my first orange eyed blue tiger grandkids. I got some from Randall (dodohead) some time ago and 2 of the females are berried. I am checking everyday for kids.
They babies are just too cute.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Congrats!
I feel your excitement. I am waiting like an expectant grandparent for my first orange eyed blue tiger grandkids. I got some from Randall (dodohead) some time ago and 2 of the females are berried. I am checking everyday for kids.
They babies are just too cute.
OMG! I sooooooooooooo want some of those! They are soooo pretty!

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK...it is a crappy phone picture...but it's all I've got. Here are my new little babies.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
my PFR from nikki had a couple berried females in my group and they hatched a couple days after i received them, mine are growing pretty fast too.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
You're going to vacuum some sooner or later. I vacuum into a clear container and check it carefully for babies before dumping. You'll lose some, but there really aren't too many options. For a non-vacuuming water change, you can put something over the end of the vacuum hose and keep them out (a fluval sponge, piece of panty hose, brine shrimp net, whatever works and is handy.)

Grats, by the way. :)

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all!

I ended up just using a turkey baster yesterday to grab any little leftover food that I saw. (My snail decided he didn't want to eat his algae and left a mess!) It was slow going with a turkey baster, though. I'll pick up a clear fish bowl or something to vac into next time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts