The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone offer me tips on how to best use this wood? It's a fluval Chi 5 gallon.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Try tilting it sideways so the top of the wood is somewhere between the filter and the back corner of the tank viewed from the front, not actually tilted toward the back of the tank though. You may find moving the bottom to the left helps as well.

I like the wood choice for your tank and it looks fine now but a little tweak and you will be even happier with it. The tank shape suggests an upright scape but having a bit of an angle will make for a more interesting picture.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Agree entirely on just angling it. Have the tall part to one side in the back and have it slope down and forwards to the opposite corner.

·
Registered
92 Posts
A lot better already, maybe by shifting some of the gravel to the same corner you can stick in one of the sticks in a way that looks natural as well? Hold the gravel up with the stones and maybe you could use the other stick for a root stickin out?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Again... Following the above suggestion. This is fun. Tannins, I kind of like the look of the water but also wish I had soaked the wood. The murkiness makes the neon tetra stand out though, in an interesting way. Anyway last wood set of the night.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I think I am going to have that be the final setting. I have an 8 watt led on top and I hope that is enough to keep the Taiwan moss somewhat compact.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts